Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Skilled Mold Remediation Techs in Marysville, WA
Crawl spaces and attics create an ideal environment for mold. SERVPRO has the tools to locate and remove any mold growth in your home.
SERVPRO Handles Mold Remediation with Care – We Can Restore Your Marysville Property Quickly and Efficiently!
Do you know if you have optimum conditions in your Marysville property that allow mold spores to thrive? Many people may not realize that they may have damp conditions in their basement, crawl space, or bathrooms that make for the perfect black mold breeding ground. Rather than disrupting spores or failing to clean away all of the mold with DIY methods, it is wise to contact our skilled crew here at SERVPRO.
Many residents in the area contact SERVPRO for mold remediation in Marysville because we have proven methods to handle cleanup and black mold damage repairs. If you have begun to notice any of these things, then you must contact us for an assessment:
- Musty, damp, or foul odors
- Slight water damage developing under cabinetry, around baseboards, on drywall or ceilings
- Condensation developing in one or more areas of your home
- Softened drywall
- Visible mold colonization
Crawlspace, basement, and attic mold removal can be tricky unless you have the proper training. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC-certified and know how to navigate bathroom mold removal, basement mold remediation, and illusive attic mold. Because mold has the potential for causing health effects, our crew wears personal protective equipment (PPE) and put containment barriers in place to keep spores moving from the target zone into unaffected areas of your home.
Visible or hidden mold is no match for SERVPRO. We use moisture detection tools to help us locate areas where mold might be hiding, then address the water source to eliminate further damage. Everything gets treated with antimicrobial agents to help inhibit future mold growth.
Call (360) 658-0506 if you require assistance with mold remediation. SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington can send out a crew as soon as possible!
Fire and Smoke Damage in Your Arlington Home
Smoke and fire damage is not a job for the layman. SERVPRO has IICRC certified technicians and is ready at a moment's notice.
Contact SERVPRO for fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup.
Once flames ignite inside your home, fire and smoke damage can both come together. Structural blazes emit partially combusted particles (or smoke) that can travel through your dwelling. Once these particles hit colder surfaces, they can harden and turn into soot residues.
When we conduct fire damage restoration in Arlington, one common issue we come across is removing soot from your contents. Content cleaning can often become a significant part of performing the following operations:
When cleaning contents after they receive smoke damage, we can use the following industrial cleaning products:
- Volatile Dry Solvents: Since these cleaners act as a lubricant to remove carbon-based substances, they are often used when cleaning soot.
- Wood Oil Soaps: These work best when cleaning light residues from wooden items because they do not cause harm to the surface.
- Furniture Polishes: We can use various products to clean, protect, and polish the surface of wooden furniture such as dining room chairs.
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaners: Carpet shampoos use a combination of cleaning agents, solvents, and detergents to clean and brighten fabrics.
Even if you only have a small fire break out in your house, call SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington at (360) 658-0506.
Water Damage Repairs At Your Marysville Home
Water damage done to your home should be handled by pros. SERVPRO has you covered from beggning to end of the entire process.
SERVPRO can provide water damage repairs at your Marysville residence
Marysville, Washington, is now a prosperous city with a population of around 70,000. The town first hit the map in 1872 when James P. Comeford opened up a rural area trading post. The logging camps in the region kept the area booming until the railroads came into town in the 1880s that connected it with the rest of the country.
Marysville then grew even more and opened up its first city hall in 1901. By the 1920s, the town was coined "The Strawberry City" to recognize the region's abundance of fruit farms. The residents still celebrate the crops every year in June during their "Strawberry Festival and Grand Parade."
Enjoy the following local attractions.
- Ebey Waterfront and the Snohomish River Delta: The Ebey Waterfront Park sits right downtown and offers boating access to the river delta. Many people visit the park to enjoy the beautiful scenery and pristine waters. Popular activities in the delta include motor boating, kayaking, and canoeing.
- Mountain Loop Scenic Highway: This 100-mile drive offers exquisite views of North Snohomish County. The route takes travelers from Granite Falls and through Arlington and Darrington. The path passes through Barlow Pass, three rivers, and old forests.
- The Centennial Trail: This trail is the most popular hiking trail in the county. The 17-mile paved trail runs from Snohomish to Arlington. Each day people can be seen walking, bicycling, and horseback riding along the path.
- Jennings Nature Park and Jennings Memorial: These two sites offer several activities for visitors to enjoy nature. Some enjoy exploring and picnicking along Allan Creek. Others like to hike along the 3-mile Jennings Loop walk and other attractions including, a fishing pond, greenhouse, and a Dinosaur Park.
- The Tulalip Casino: Those looking for a chance to test their luck can play a variety of slots and table games at this famous casino. This casino is over 220,000 square feet in size and offers several gambling options and fine dining. Those wanting more of a nightclub experience can go to the nearby Quil Ceda Creek Casino.
- Third Street and State Avenue Shopping: The downtown section of Marysville offers several shops for souvenirs and gifts. While shopping along Third Street, visitors can take a short trek to Comeford Park. For more shopping, people can go across State Avenue and check out the Marysville Town Centre Mall.
Water removal services in Marysville
SERVPRO can provide emergency services water damage for the following problems:
- Leaking Roof from Storms
- Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages
- Basement Flooding Cleanup
- Cleaning Up After a Sewer Backup
During the restoration process, we always determine how the water got into the structure first. Depending on the source, we classify the damage in one of the following three categories:
- Category 1 (Clean Water): If a clean water pipe breaks, then we may not have to complete decontamination procedures.
- Category 2 (Grey Water): If the moisture came in from the outside or a source that isn't clean like a sink drain, it could be contaminated.
- Category 3 (Black Water): If a sewer backs up or muddy ground waters enter, we must take extra decontamination procedures.
If you notice wet contents in your house but don't know where it's coming from, call SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington at (360) 658-0506.
SERVPRO Cleans Up Fire Damage in Marysville
SERVPRO is quick to get your fire damage under control. Call us for swift action recovering your property after a fire.
Local Marysville Property Owners Call on SERVPRO for Fire Damage Restoration
While many of the cities and townships on the east coast of the United States got their starts in the 1600s, Marysville is a relatively newer city established in 1872. The area was founded by a Federal Indian Agent named James P. Comeford. He was an Irish immigrant and Civil War veteran. He and his wife Maria set up the first trading post on the Tulalip Indian Reservation. The Native Americans signed a treaty designating some of the local lands for settlers to set up logging, fishing, and trapping businesses.
The name of the community is still in dispute. The Marysville Historical Society maintains that the town got named after James Comeford's wife, Maria, and he originally wanted to call it "Mariasville." After discovering a city in Idaho with the same name, it changed to "Marysville" after the town in California.
In the late 1800s, the primary industry in the Marysville region was logging. As the lumber companies cleared the dense forests, dairy farms began to spring up. This growth led to the establishment of a two-story hotel, and new settlers flowed into the area. By the end of the 1800s, the city had sawmills, a mayor, and The Great Northern Railway ran through. Additionally, the population had grown to just under 800 residents.
The 1900s saw the rapid growth of Marysville. Several social organizations began, including the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the Crystal Lodge of the Free and Accepted Masons. Additionally, the first city hall opened in 1901 and housed the fire department, police, and a public library. A few years later, municipal water and electric supplies were set up for the community, and the first high school opened.
The abundance of timber in the area led to a booming lumber industry with ten sawmills operating and providing jobs. By 1920, the steady work led to the community growing. The local agriculture grew strawberries as the main crop with over 2000 acres of strawberry fields; this led to the nickname "Strawberry City" and the establishment of an annual Strawberry Festival starting in 1933. The Great Depression affected this city far less than other areas as their economy historically relied on industries and crops that remained in demand, such as:
- Lumber production
- Agriculture such as strawberries and hay
In the mid-1900s, as the reliance on railways for personal travel waned, Marysville underwent another change and started to become less industrial and develop into a bedroom community.
Why are Solvents Necessary for Some Types of Fire Damage Cleanup in Marysville Homes?
Some smoke residues left behind after fire damage in Marysville properties require intense measures to remove cleanly. For SERVPRO techs, it is a two-step process. The techs first test the residues to determine the smoke-type and then ascertain the best cleaning agents and method to use based on the surface type.
For thick, greasy wet smoke residues, the ideal method includes cleaning agents with a solvent base. This is because the residues need assistance breaking their grip on surfaces or fibers. Certain precautions need to get followed when this type of cleaning action gets used, such as:
- Wearing protective clothing, including a respirator to guard against fumes
- Removal of people, pets, and plants from the environment
- Solvents can damage painted surfaces, and care gets taken to avoid this occurrence
- Solvent cleaners are industrial waste and must get disposed of per local regulations
SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington at (360) 658-0506 helps local Marysville residents with any size fire damage cleanup needs and makes it "Like it never even happened."
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware Offers Arlington Residents a Place Nearby to Learn New Techniques
If you are having water damage issues. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the water mitigation services needed.
Water Restoration in Snohomish County.
Woodworking professionals and hobbyists can both learn some new techniques through instruction. Woodworking classes at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware can be a good way to learn new techniques. The classes are lecture only, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18. Safety glasses are provided to all students, and they are asked not to wear loose clothing or open-toed shoes. Safety measures, including gloves, mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent sanitizing of the classroom, will be in place.
The router tables basics class offered at 3 p.m. on January 14 teaches people how to make their router more versatile by teaching the following techniques:
Safely make fenced cuts.
Freehand cutting techniques.
Options for joinery.
Decorative edging options that are only available on a router table.
SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington can help residents in Snohomish County with all of their water restoration needs. We can provide fast, 24/7 service, and we can help you return your home to its preloss state, "Like it never even happened."
An Awesome Wreath-Making Opportunity Near Marysville
Create a Holiday Wreathe while SERVPRO Remediates the Mold from Your Marysville residence
Just outside Marysville, this woman hosts a wonderful wreath-crafting class!
Not even half an hour away from Marysville, a wonderful hands-on holiday crafting opportunity awaits. Every year, local Snohomish craftswoman Stacie Blay hosts a workshop in traditional wreath-making using plants foraged locally in nearby woods. A far cry from the usual store-bought stuff, these wreaths display vibrance and beauty only possible with a practiced hand and carefully selected plants.
Mrs. Blay, along with her family, hand-picks the crafting materials from the forests around her home. Every year is a bit different: one year she may find lots of vibrantly colorful berries, and on the next she may instead bring home lush evergreen foliage. It is an activity best done by adults (since these wreaths are of the extra-large variety), but a team of kids can make some magic happen, too.
If this sounds like a workshop for you, Mrs. Blay will host it all day on the 5th and 6th of December. Tickets cost $45, and you may want to call ahead to reserve a spot. Plan for about a 30-minute drive from Marysville, as the address is at 10319 196th Street Southeast, Snohomish. Dress warm!
SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington is a professional mold removal company that stands ready to help 24/7 when disaster strikes. Call us at (360) 658-0506.
What Causes Residential Mold Growth in Marysville?
Mold can grow in your home without you even noticing. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for remediation and mitigation services.
The Primary Reason for Marysville Residents to need Professional Mold Remediation is Moisture. SERVPRO can Identify and Address Moisture Issues in your Home.
How does moisture contribute to mold?
Mold appears in your Marysville home because it has the ideal conditions for growth. Like most living organisms, these conditions are temperature, food supply, and water. A residential property provides ample organic matter for microbial organisms. Drywall, wood, textile, and insulation are all potential food supplies for mold. Equally, comfortable indoor temperatures usually match those ideal conditions for microbial growth. The surest way to tackle mold issues is by addressing their water supply. SERVPRO remediation technicians not only clean and restore moldy materials, but can also put in place essential preventative measures to stop mold returning.
What could be the cause of damp spots?
- Internal plumbing cracks splits or slow leaks
- Insulation issues that could lead to condensation
- Indoor humidity levels, particularly in wet rooms like kitchens or bathrooms
Does drying a property combat mold?
The most effective mold remediation method for your Marysville home is strategic drying. Drying the property may involve demolition to expose hidden materials in the house. It may require applied structural drying (ASD) techniques and equipment like injectidry systems. Perhaps the most common method of controlling mold growth is through dehumidification. Dehumidifiers can be either refrigerant or desiccant, depending on what dryness is required. Usually, a refrigerant dehumidifier is adequately equipped to bring down relative humidity and control mold growth.
Is it possible to measure and control humidity in one area of the home?
- Use a thermo hygrometer to measure outdoor air, indoor air, and the affected area
- Use indoor air humidity to set a dry goal for the affected area
- Use dehumidifiers and monitoring to control the relative humidity and bring it to the dry goal
Get a handle on microbial growth in your home by using professional remediators. Contact SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington at (360) 658-0506.
Click here for more information about Marysville.
Can Water Problems in Marysville Affect the Value of Your Home?
Dealing with water damage right away is critical for a successful result. Contact our expert team for services.
Untreated Water Issues can have a Direct Impact on the Value of your Home, Particularly if they Affect Structure or Create Mold. Address Water Issues by Using Water Cleanup Services in Marysville Today.
How does water damage affect the structure of my Marysville home?
Water can cause damages to natural structural materials without early intervention water cleanup in your Marysville home. When natural materials have exposure to water, they can expand due to water absorption. If your home structure expands, it can put unnecessary pressure onto jointing, which frequently manifests as pressure cracks, which you find near spots of long-term water damage. While wet, these same natural materials can attract microbial bacteria, viruses, and mold. Without early intervention, a relatively benign water incident can lead to extensive dry rot or mold infestation. Using a professional restorer can help to identify pressure points or areas of concern in a wet home. Identifying areas of concern early is essential to controlling losses both now and in the future.
Who provides cleanup for water-related emergencies?
Professional restoration services in Marysville are available for a range of home emergencies, including water. These firms hold qualifications from the Institute of Cleaning, Restoration and Certification (IICRC) body which prove that they have the requisite skillset to dry your home correctly. SERVPRO water restoration technicians (WRT) complete hundreds of hours worth of industry training programs before getting first-hand experience working within the commercial and residential community. Using a qualified restorer is the surest way to avoid the painful and expensive secondary harms which occur from amateur restoration.
What do water restorers do?
- Scope the property for potential harm, hazards and trace water issues using advanced water measuring equipment like thermal imaging cameras, sensors and probes
- Protect and restore contents that have exposure to moisture
- Dry and clean the affected structure including structural cavity inspection
- Thoroughly deodorize the areas of damage or the property altogether using ultra-low volume (ULV) fogging equipment
- Apply antimicrobial treatments to guard against future damages like mold growth
Does wet drywall need replacement?
Wet drywall can become permanently harmed by exposure to large amounts of water, losing its structure and weakening. Equally, long-term exposure to moisture drywall can absorb it, leading to microbial growth or contamination. Typically, drywall needs to be replaced in situations where water exposure lasts longer than seventy-two hours. However, in many cases, drywall is resilient enough to withstand water and be restorable to their safe, original condition. These conditions for drywall may be void, if contamination levels in the water are high, in which case it is essential to remove both contaminated water and drywall altogether.
How do you restore the wet drywall?
- Use a moisture probe beneath the baseboard or a moisture sensor to assess the extent of water damage
- Use Borescopes to assess whether water has migrated into the wall cavity
- Apply rapid, heated air to the exterior wall to encourage evaporation and measure until the moisture content returns to a normal level
- If there is water migration into the cavity, use injectidry systems or remove a section of drywall to allow ventilation into the cavity.
- Dehumidify the affected area to evaporate residual moisture
How do you remove the wet drywall?
To replace the wet section of your walls, you need first to remove the existing drywall. Prepare the wall by switching off the power and scanning the wall for any obstacles behind it, like electrical cables or metal rods. Remove fixtures from the wall, including lightswitch fittings and baseboards. Depending on the extent of damage, SERVPRO technicians can remove either the entire drywall or a small section two feet above the watermark. Using clawhammer can help to prise away full sheets from the wall. Alternatively, we can remove a smaller section by cutting holes around the drywall section and removing it. Bag up pieces of the wet drywall in double seal bags to prevent spreading water and dust throughout the home.
Is the reinstallation of drywall included within restoration services?
Most materials that are removed or non-salvageable are included as replacement costs, which can be passed on to an insurance adjuster. It is essential to identify and remove non-salvageable areas with building materials like drywall to stop secondary damages. However, SERVPRO technicians do work with a restore rather than replace mentality when performing restoration to keep expenses and inconvenience for the homeowner to a minimum. If drywall is removed, our technicians can reinstall it professionally as well as apply an antimicrobial primer to the wall. The primer not only gives you an even finish when repainting but can also stave off potential microbes like mold.
To get your home back to a preloss condition and minimize potential value loss, contact SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington at (360) 658-0506.
Prevention Cleanup is Available for Marysville
SERVPRO disinfects (homes or buildings) beyond the scope of a standard weekly cleaning.
Pandemic preventative cleaning services from IICRC-certified professionals at SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington adhere to strict cleaning guidelines from the CDC.
SERVPRO Offers High-Level Environmental Cleaning
One difference between do-it-yourself and professional virus cleanup techniques is the quality of equipment being used. For example, a business with a warehouse space needs comprehensive cleaning solutions in Marysville. Pump sprayers can over-apply in some areas and miss other areas entirely. A large job requires powered wet-foggers, electrostatic sprayers, thermal or ultra-low-volume misters, which are commercial tools that quickly and uniformly disperse the correct volume of EPA-registered disinfectant solutions.
Professionals have access to hospital-grade, EPA registered cleaning products, which benefits customers of all cleaning sites, regardless of job size.
Commercial customers can have confidence that a professional service provider such as SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington employs skilled and certified technicians who safely perform environmental cleaning services.
We invite you to explore the value a professional cleaning company can deliver and the cost-effective programs we offer to satisfy our customers’ specific requirements.
Call us at (360) 658-0506 for more information.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Marysville, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington today at (360) 658-0506 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Who Can Help With Water Cleanup In My Marysville Basement?
“Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO to assess your damage and take swift action in Marysville
Basements are essential to many families, and having water in it due to an overflowing upstairs bathroom, or a kitchen leak, can be quite disturbing. Sometimes it can take us a few days to even realize that water has been leaking into our basement. When this happens, we need to enlist the help of professional service to extract all water, dry and deodorize the space.
Why is a Professional Service Necessary for Water Cleanup?
Marysville residents can undoubtedly take steps to remove water from their basements, but our SERVPRO crew is trained to handle the most difficult situations. What many homeowners do not realize is that water cleanup in Marysville is not about eliminating all traces of water, but rather about restoring moisture levels. When you call us, you have access to the latest technology to monitor humidity levels and guide our next steps. To extract water, we rely on specialized equipment typically unavailable to the average consumer. This equipment may include the following:
• Truck-mounted pumps
• Handheld extractor wands
• Submersible pumps
Each tool has a specific use, and we, at SERVPRO, can make an educated decision about what is best for your home.
What Happens if We Don't Extract All the Water?
When water is still present, it can become a breeding ground for bacteria and mold. At SERVPRO, we want to avoid future problems, which is why we are very thorough in checking wall cavities, under cabinets, and your personal property to determine whether they pose a risk for the proliferation of microorganisms.
Think of SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington as an extension of yourself. When you call us at (360) 658-0506, you have our team at your service to leave your basement in tip-top shape. Like you, we want your home to look and feel, “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Marysville click here.
Call The Experts At SERVPRO If Your Marysville Property Experiences A Disaster
“Like it never even happened.”
Benefits for Marysville Residents Choosing SERVPRO for Home Restoration Services
When local Marysville property owners have home disasters requiring cleanups such as water damage from malfunctioning appliances or pipe breaks, fire damage, storm and flood damage, or mold, they need the services of a professional restoration services company.
Water Damage Assistance
If a water loss occurs in a Marysville home resulting in water damage, SERVPRO technicians know that cleanup efforts need to begin as quickly as possible. The longer water remains in the home, the more chance there is for a weakening of building materials and the set up of both foul odors and mold.
The technicians use their vast array of advanced equipment to scope the premises and determine the location of the excessive moisture. Using specialized extraction equipment, they clean up the water and prep the water loss areas for drying. They have training in lowering ambient humidity quickly, using a combination of centrifugal air movers and different types of dehumidification equipment, this fast-action assists in limiting loss for homeowners.
The setting of air moisture goals is crucial to ensure adequate drying to inhibit both musty water odors and mold infestations. Technicians carefully monitor drying and take readings during and after to ensure the water loss area meets preset goals. This procedure inhibits the growth of mold after the completion of water damage cleanup efforts.
Storm and Flood Damage Cleanup
This type of home disaster comes in many forms to Marysville residences, especially sudden flood damage from heavy rains or the Skagit river cresting. Other examples of storm damage include tree limbs hitting roofs, high winds, and hail.
The basic cleanup is the same as in other types of water loss. However, unlike the water expelled from a pipe breaking in a home, groundwater is a class three biohazard, also referred to as "black water" and frequently contains bacteria, sewage, and debris. Even a quarter-inch of sludgy, smelly flood water requires professional removal and disinfection using personal protection gear, which includes respirators to ensure humans do not come into contact with nor aspirate the likely airborne microbes suspended within the moisture of highly humid air.
SERVPRO technicians extract debris and sludge, often using a combination of shovels and trash pumps to expedite the removal process. The handling of the drying process works in much the same way as other water loss cleanup projects. The avoidance of mold growth is a crucial part of storm damage cleanup. Airborne spores remain present inside and outside properties and remain inert until humidity and temperature levels are right for germination.
One of the most significant differences between clean water and black water damage in the home is the need for controlled demolition. Building materials that absorb floodwater have no potential for a return to sanitary standards, and removal occurs using techniques known as flood cuts. This action serves the dual purpose of opening up walls, floors, and ceilings for more significant airflow and allows for faster cleanup and disinfection. The potent antimicrobial and antibacterial range of solutions the technicians utilize enables them to return the home to a pre-flood condition that both smells fresh and is safe for habitation.
Fire Damage Debris Removal
After seeing their home with fire damage, Marysville residents may feel hopeless about seeing their property restored to liveable conditions. With professional restoration methods, it is entirely possible.
Removal of charred debris and water extraction from fire extinguishing efforts occur in tandem to ready the property for needed repairs or reconstruction. Smoke damage cleanup requires special techniques, or it has the potential to increase the surface damage by driving soot more deeply into objects. The technicians test residues to determine if the surfaces are colorfast, bleed, and shrinkage-resistant and do not spot. Using the results, they choose the appropriate cleaning applications.
Removing charred debris and cleaning away smoke damage is a crucial step forward for odor control, but sometimes it is not enough. In cases where the need remains for smoke odor removal, the technicians have numerous techniques and equipment to neutralize foul odors.
In the case of a partial fire, where only a portion of the property received damage, technicians sometimes utilize pack-outs to take undamaged items off-site for secure storage until the fire debris cleanup and reconstruction efforts complete.
When other types of disasters happen in a Marysville home, mold damage is a threat. Mold only requires elevated humidity levels, consumable sources, and temperatures that average 70 degrees or better. Sometimes the issue is due to a leak, or inadequate ventilation. Once established, the mold colonies spread throughout the home quickly. That is one of the reasons fast action on any type of water loss in a house is crucial as airborne mold spores have the potential to germinate within 24-hours.
SERVPRO technicians possess the expertise and equipment to halt cross-contamination during remediation through applications such as the establishment of negative air chambers or simple containment blocking off the worksite. After the removal of dried mold colonies, they treat the surfaces to inhibit the return. The homeowners receive a report containing the details of the actions completed, as well as the cause of the mold issue in the home and the necessary repairs required to halt the cause of the mold-favorable conditions.
Much like no two home disasters are alike in Marysville, the restoration service needs are diverse. SERVPRO technicians undergo extensive training in both classroom learning environments as well as hands-on situational training. They learn the best practices as taught using guidelines from the IICRC (The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification.)
Technicians have access to an extensive array of advanced technology for applications such as scoping the migration paths of water, testing fibers to ascertain the proper cleaning methods, and determining the best applications to return the home to its preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington is ready to help local homeowners with any needed restoration services from water damage, fire damage storm, or mold damage by calling (360) 658-0506. The technicians arrive quickly and make the loss to the home, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Tackles Water Damage in Marysville
Your Marysville water damage will be a tough one, let SERVPRO help you through the water.
Marysville water damage is very serious when it comes to your home, let us help.
Washington homeowners may be aware of the preventive maintenance measures they can take to prevent leaks. Still, they may be surprised to know about the damages that an unchecked leak can cause to their home. The average household leak can emit as much as 10,000 gallons of water per year. The total amount of damage each year is equal to the amount of water needed to fill 40 million swimming pools or 24 billion baths.
If your home requires water damage cleanup in Marysville, IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians are always available to mitigate disaster and restore your building to a preloss condition. Technicians and franchise owners alike receive extensive education and training on remedying water damage and other disasters so that homeowners can receive quality cleaning. No matter the scale of the disaster, technicians are available day and night to extract water, disinfect surfaces, and dry your home.
SERVPRO's Dedication to Education
SERVPRO offers both credit and non-credit courses for a variety of professionals to utilize. Insurance agents, adjusters, franchise staff and real estate professionals alike can benefit from the following courses:
- Water & Fire Damage restoration
- Restorative Drying for Loss Control
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- (Non-credit) Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar
How SERVPRO Can Help
There are several critical factors for drying a home after water damage, including temperature, air movement, humidity, and the amount of water that needs to be evaporated. The golden rule that SERVPRO technicians use is "wet goes to dry," meaning that moisture moves from wet materials to dryer materials to maintain an equilibrium. Meanwhile, dry air absorbs moisture from wet surfaces, and dry surfaces absorb moisture from wet air. Each of these factors and a thorough understanding of psychometry is crucial to successful drying.
Drying is ideal when temperatures can be kept between 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit because warm air can hold more moisture. Portable heaters can also be used in cold or wintry temperatures to create better drying conditions. Affected areas should stay between 70 and 80 degrees in most cases. However, temperatures that are too high, especially during the first days of drying, can create too much moisture in the air. These conditions can cause secondary damage if there is not enough dehumidification equipment set up to combat the problem.
SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington is a team you can count on to be Faster to Any Size Disaster. You can call (360) 658-0506 any time of the day or night for cleanup that can start within hours.
To learn more about Marysville, click here.
Debris Removal In Your Arlington Home
No matter what help you need after a loss incident, let us help you by calling (360) 658-0506.
Residue and Debris Removal from Water-Damaged Arlington Homes
Depending on what has caused water loss incidents in your Arlington home, many construction materials and structural elements can get exposed. Cleaning up these damages often requires trained professionals, as many homeowners lack the potent products and discerning eye to determine the severity of saturation. In some cases, controlled demolition is the most suitable approach, and cleaning is not the best route to choose, for example.
We have a division of our SERVPRO team explicitly dedicated to cleaning and restoring areas that require water cleanup in Arlington homes. Because of how varied these situations can be, these technicians are among the most diverse and well-prepared professionals of our responders. Debris removal and residue cleaning are two of the most substantial obstacles to overcome after a water loss incident beyond drying out your property, but with our prompt response, we can get this process started quickly.
With water loss incidents, the first 48 hours are critical for several reasons. The first of these is the reduction in migration of harmful effects and less of your property that can fall victim to saturation and exposure. Also, this same saturation does not have the time necessary to degrade and erode impacted materials with the prompt drying response of our SERVPRO team.
Water damaged belongings and rubbish need to get removed from the house so that they are not adding to the higher relative humidity (RH) level. The more consistently high that humidity is, along with the already moist conditions from the water loss, the more susceptible your property becomes to secondary hazards like mold and microbial growth. This debilitating condition can make salvaging construction materials impossible and adds a lengtheir and costlier new process for restoring your home.
Cleaning up after a water incident is part of the work that our SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington team offers when we restore and recover the property. As tempting as it may be to take on these tasks on your own, failure to do it adequately could result in much higher costs in the long run. No matter what help you need after a loss incident, let us help you by calling (360) 658-0506.
For more about Arlington click here.
Why SERVPRO Is A Better Restoration Choice
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals understand your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claims costs down while still providing the best services possible for your customers.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Our results create a measurable difference, giving you many competitive advantages.
Emergency Response to Claims
Restoring property is the SERVPRO Franchise Professional's first priority. Your customer will appreciate the immediate response and you will know everything is being done to limit the damage.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Claims Professionals know the rule is, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." SERVPRO Franchise Professionals make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
Electronic Claims Information
Our Claims Information Center provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- On-line Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard.
Superior, Time-Tested Training
Effective training is the best way to help ensure your customers receive the service they deserve. Franchises are trained to IICRC standards in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration. In addition, continuing education classes are available to Franchise Professionals and Insurance Clients at our state of the art IICRC Approved Training Facility.
Vendor Qualification Compliance and Professionalism
If you call SERVPRO, we will use only qualified vendors to service your customer. That commitment resulted in:
- A National Call Center to achieve prompt handling of the claim.
- Implementation of best practices and job process programs.
- National Accounts qualification criteria and annual compliance checks.
- Crew and vehicle standards.
- Insurance requirements.
- File documentation requirements.
- Quality assurance program.
Serving Adjusters and Their Clients
A SERVPRO Franchise Professional's job is to reassure the customer, perform quality service and to report to you quickly. We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim... and not to deal with problems from vendors! Working together we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files, while having complete control of every loss you are assigned. 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file are available to you within hours. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals’ documented, measured performance increases value to you and your shareholders, managers and customers.
Hard-earned results have made SERVPRO leaders in the fire and water cleanup and restoration industry. The SERVPRO System is geared to achieve customer satisfaction and mitigation results, adding to your company’s competitive advantage.
The SERVPRO Story
Ted and Doris Isaacson launched SERVPRO in 1967 as a painting business in Sacramento, Calif. With a background in cleaning and restoration, however, Ted and Doris soon transformed the company into a franchisor of cleanup and restoration specialists.
After selling its first Franchise in 1969, SERVPRO continued to grow, acquiring the Bristol-Myers Domesticare Division and its 175 Franchises in 1979.
SERVPRO relocated the corporate headquarters from Sacramento to Gallatin, TN, in 1988 in a strategic move to place itself within 600 miles of 50% of the U.S. population.
At the time of the relocation, the SERVPRO System consisted of 647 Franchises.
SERVPRO Corporate quickly became a key contributor in its community, and in 1991 the Nashville Business Journal named SERVPRO the Small Business of the Year. In the meantime the company continued its impressive growth, selling the 1,000th Franchise in 2000. Learn more about our Awards and Recognition.
In 2005, SERVPRO moved to a 140,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility in Gallatin to provide more room for expansion.
More than 1,700 Franchises are operating nationwide, and SERVPRO continues to grow. The need for experienced, trained and professional cleanup and restoration experts is recession resistant, and the growth potential inside of a proven system presents an opportunity for prospective Franchisees.
With a proud history, a successful present and a bright future, SERVPRO will press on toward becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company in the world.
From furniture to antiques to artwork and appliances, we'll treat your treasures with the care they deserve. While some items can be cleaned on-site, in many cases we'll need to inventory, pack out and transport the contents of your property to our state-of-the-art facility to ensure the best care possible.
- Contents may need to be cleaned off-site
- Contents inventory
- Determine replacement and restoration
- Ozone treatment
- Odor removal
- We arrive on-site and inventory all of your personal belongings.
- We carefully pack all salvable items to transport to our secure warehouse and cleaning facility.
- Unsalvageable contents are inventoried and discarded.
We have trained professionals to help you establish replacement values versus restoration costs. We are also available for pricing of non-salvable inventory items.
- Thorough cleaning
- Proper handling of all electronics
- Photographs and artwork
- Soft goods
- Dry Cleaning
- Odor Removal
Is Your Company Prepared For When Disaster Strikes?
Did you know that upto 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster never reopen? Are you, and your property prepared for an emergency or disaster situation? Don't worry SERVPRO of Skagit County - SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington is Here to Help.
SERVPRO of Skagit County - SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington is offering Emergency Ready Profiles (ERPs) to local businesses and community members. The ERP is a no cost assessment, all it requires is a little time, making it a great value that could save your business in the future.
What is the ERP you ask? The ERP is a compliation of everything you may need handy when disaster stirkes.
The information incudes (but is not limited to):
- Emergency Tips
- A facility overview
- Emergency Contacts
- Facility entry points.
- Utility shut-off locations
- Other crucial source information.
- Fire extinguisher locations.
- Urgent Contacts
As you can see, the ERP is a great resource for when disaster occurs. The better prepaired you are the better you are able to minimize business interruption in a disaster situation. Feel free to call SERVPRO of Skagit County - SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington at (360) 873 - 8744 to schedule an ERP appointment!
Where To Use An Air Mover
Air movers are a great tool. They are similar to fans in that they circulate the air of the spaces in which they are placed. Unlike fans, however, they have the ability to start and stop immediately. They also blow over a more concentrated area rather than a wide space. Most commonly they are used for drying dampened areas after water has seeped in, however, commercial air movers have many uses for any workplace environment.
The most common use for an air mover is drying out water damaged areas. An air mover is considered a water damage restoration piece of equipment. It is designed to blow lower to the ground at high speeds, forcing water to quickly evaporate from floors and carpets. Being lower to the ground, it can be directed under cabinets or other heavier pieces of furniture. A huge benefit of reduced drying time is the prevention of mold growth. They can also be used to dry paint or other applications.
As air blowers are similar to fans, they make excellent cooling devices. They can be used to ventilate stuffy work zones. They can also be directed onto specific objects that may get hot while being worked upon.
Depending on the type of work being done, contractors may want to buy a commercial air mover to help their employees. Workers could be subject to working in a poorly ventilated area with equipment and chemicals that produce unpleasant and even harmful fumes. In this instance, an air mover makes a great tool in directing these fumes away from and out of the area, creating a safer work environment.
Since air movers circulate air at high speeds, they make great tools for removing unwanted debris, dust, dirt or leaves for instance, from a work area. They also work well for keeping insects away. For example, when placed high above grocery store doors and directed downward, the draft created prevents insects from entering the building.
There are several uses for an air mover. While similar to a fan, it is much more effective. It has the ability to start immediately at the desired speed and stop just a fast. It can quickly remove unwanted fumes from a poorly ventilated work space as well as keep it cool. It can also help dry damp areas, preventing possible water damage. All of these show the air mover as an invaluable tool for any site.
Why should I choose SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington for my water damage clean up?
Why should I choose a professional restoration company for water intrusion/ damage?
- Homeowners should not risk doing the work themselves as there may hidden water or moisture that may go undetected to the untrained eye. Taking into account that mold growth can occur in as little as 24-48 hours in the presence of moisture, undetected water damage can pose long term problems if not properly handled.
- Due to the potential hazards associated with water-related damage, moisture and water should be handled by properly trained and equipped professionals to ensure complete and necessary drying to prevent future harm, extensive structural damage and possible contamination.
- Improper cleanup could hinder property resale value.
- Professional restoration companies have essential tools and techniques to measure moisture in the area to ensure proper and complete drying in a timely manner.
- Water technicians should be fully aware of water or moisture-related characteristics to locate leaks or water damaged areas that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Homes and other properties are large and often expensive assets. Why run the risks associated with improper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting which can lead to potential secondary structural damage? Help protect your property’s value by calling upon a Professional.
- According to a “Residential Water Claims” article on the International Risk Management Institute website, restoration companies and contractors are often an asset in a water claim situation. The article states, “a major concern in today’s insurance climate is the problem of mold and mildew. When most restoration companies deal with water claims, every effort is made to prevent any problem with mold and mildew.” Restoration companies are in the business of salvaging rather than replacing, which could serve as a benefit to the insurance company.
Why should I choose SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington for water cleanup and restoration?
- SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington recognizes the necessity for prompt and accurate response and offer 1-4-8 Response Guidelines to help minimize additional, secondary or permanent damage and contamination. In addition, SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington is available for emergency response 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Knowledge and training are key elements in effective water removal and moisture damage. SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington applies their industry knowledge, training and understanding of hoe relative humidity, temperature, vapor pressure and air movement influence drying conditions.
- Powerful and professional equipment is essential for proper mitigation and efficient restoration of water damaged areas. SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington is outfitted with state-of-the-art industrial grade equipment and products to measure the extent of moisture saturation and offer proper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting of water damaged areas.
- SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington offers content restoration to restore water damaged contents and personal belongings. Often when water damage occurs, personal possessions are also damaged by water or moisture. SERVPRO Technicians work diligently to try and return personal contents to preloss conditions.
- SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington works with insurance, real estate, contracting and property management companies to offer complete file management, estimates and detailed explanations of work, including status updates, changes and feedback to keep companies fully aware of a property’s drying, cleaning and restoration status. At SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington, we know you want quality information and proof of results. SERVPRO technology is designed to support your efforts!
- Timely mitigation is key to the restoration process. Restoring property is the SERVPRO Professional’s first priority. You will appreciate the immediate response, and you will know everything possible is being done to limit the damage. Even if a loss is below the deductible amount, fast action helps assure the event will stay small!
5 Benefits Of Using SERVPRO!
The 5 Benefits of Hiring a Professional Service
Residential and commercial water damage can be one of the most costly and challenging problems faced by those who own a property. From leaky toilets to general plumbing problems, there are a number of causes for flooding that often occurs. Although it may seem easy to clean and repair yourself, there are a few benefits to hiring a professional service to handle the task.
1. Prevent Mold Spores From Spreading
A SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington water damage professional is skilled and trained to properly clean areas where water has leaked in between walls, under floorboards, and in places that are hard to reach. This can help salvage areas that would need to be replaced if proper cleaning didn't take place immediately. In locations where mold has developed, the professional can properly clean it with the right tools and prevent the spores from spreading.
2. Avoid Further Damage
For those who are inexperienced with cleaning or restoring areas where water damage has occurred, it can be easy to make the problem worse and allow it to escalate if it's not remedied immediately. SERVPRO Technicians will be able to visit the property right after the damage has occurred to prevent further problems from developing.
3. Identify Hidden Signs of Moisture
A SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington water damage professional will be able to use sophisticated moisture tools to identify hidden signs of moisture that are often undetectable to homeowners. They can also take specific steps to prevent the water damage from occurring again in the future.
4. Protect Your Health
For those who attempt to clean mold that has developed after a Marsyville water damage has occurred, it can be easy to put your health at risk without the proper tools or products used. Hiring a professional will help prevent health effects during the cleaning process.
5. Quality Restoration Services
Water damage professionals will be able to restore and replace insulation or flooring for a final product that looks incredible with the highest quality of materials used.
SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington Professionals provide fire and water damage restoration services. SERVPRO of Marysville / Arlington proudly serves Marsyville, Arlington, Smokey Point, Stanwood, Camano Island, and surrounding areas. We are available 24 hours/7 days a week and are ready to restore damage to your structure
American Red Cross and SERVPRO Team Up!
We’re thrilled to be partnered with the American Red Cross as a Disaster Responder because here at SERVPRO of Skagit County, we’re always “Ready for Whatever Happens” and we want you to be too! You never know when a disaster may strike, so it is important to have an emergency preparedness kit ready to go at a moment’s notice to use at home or to take with you in the event you must evacuate.
According to our friends at the American Red Cross, you should, at minimum, have the basic supplies listed below:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home).
- Battery powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Maps of the area
You should also consider the needs of all family members and add supplies to your kit as needed. Suggested items to help meet additional needs are:
- Medical supplies (hearing aids with extra batteries, glasses, contact lenses, syringes, etc)
- Baby supplies (bottles, formula, baby food, diapers)
- Games and activities for children
- Pet supplies (collar, leash, ID, food, carrier, bowl)
- Two-way radios
- Extra set of car keys and house keys
- Manual can opener
Additional supplies to consider keeping at your home or in your emergency supply kit:
- N95 or surgical masks
- Rain gear
- Work gloves
- Tools/supplies for securing your home
- Extra clothing, hat and sturdy shoes
- Plastic sheeting
- Duct tape
- Household liquid bleach
- Entertainment items
- Blankets or sleeping bags
You never know when a disaster might arise.
Keep your Emergency Kit somewhere easily accessible for if and when the time comes that you need it. You should also practice fire drills with your family and plan out multiple evacuation routes should you ever need to evacuate your home.
Make sure that everyone knows what to do in case of emergency. Whether it’s the Big One, a house fire, or an unexpected storm, we want you to be “ready for whatever happens!”
SERVPRO Equipment Guide: Direct In Systems
SERVPROs number one priority is restoring as much of your home as is possible, not only to keep your home “home”, but also to cause minimal disturbance to your day to day life. One of the many techniques that we use to make sure that your home remains as intact as possible during the mitigation process is the Directed In system. The Directed In system is an attachment for one of our air movers that allows for the connection of many small tubes. The tubes are run through an affected wall or tow kick, which grants access to an area that would otherwise be accessed with demolition The air mover then blows warm, thirsty air (created by our dehumidifiers) into the affected space, creating an environment that is optimal for drying. The Direct In system is another way that SERVPRO of Skagit County – SERVPRO of Marysville/Arlington ensures that your home is restored to preloss condition in a timely manner.